Monday, March 10, 2014

It's dangerous to go alone. Take this!


So, I got Inky Frankenstein's Army for her birthday, and we watched this weekend.  I had show her the trailer when I stumbled upon it some time last year, and she was immediately intrigued. I can see why, the monster design in it is VERY reminiscent of  the Bioshock trilogy (her favorite game), some of Broms work, and steampunk meets Evil Dead. Which is a really good sum  up of the movie. 
Here is the synopsis from the official website




In the dying days of World War II, a battalion of Russian soldiers find themselves lost in enemy territory. Stumbling upon a village decimated by an unseen terror, they’re lured into the secret lab of a deranged scientist (Hellboy’s Karel Roden) and forced to face off against his army of horrific flesh-and-metal war machines. Leaderless and faced with dissention amongst their dwindling ranks, the Russians must find the courage to face down this terrifying new menace – or die trying. A nightmarish fantasy thrill ride unlike any other, Richard Raaphorst’s FRANKENSTEIN’S ARMY is a delirious plunge into the darkest depths of insanity.

It's short, and 84 min, and very low budget.  But all in all it not bad if you want a movie with killer  zombie Nazi Cyborgs. Really, they are the real  REASON to see this movie. 
My fav was probably the "mosquito man" 

Dude! Freaky!  But that is what I like about this movie, and really the only reason I'd watch it again, because I honesty HATED all but one of the caricatures in it. I don't know if it was intended or not, but damn they were the biggest bunch of assholes. 
anyway, you can really see the crew went all out on the Nazi zombies. No CG that I can tell, a lot of prop and makeup, and and some decent use of the indoor settings. 


Oh hey, here Inkibus review of the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment